Glass Solutions, Inc. is a regional commercial glazing contractor, primarily focusing on exterior facades, tenant improvements and specialty glazing on new, existing and renovated building projects. The GSI mission is to be an elite specialty contractor and trade partner in the construction industry. They emphasize client satisfaction and core company values. In 2019, Glass Solutions, Inc. reached an important milestone celebrating 20 years in business. Additionally, Glass Solutions, Inc. ranked #33 in US Glass Magazine’s 2021 Top 50 Contract Glaziers.
Glass Solutions, Inc. is seeking a CDL Driver who possesses physical and metal stamina able to withstand long hours on the road and performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes, but not limited to:
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle.
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,001 lbs.
- Pick up and safely transports goods to intended destination.
- Ensure contents are properly secured to prevent damage or injury.
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries and pick-ups.
- Assist in mapping driving routes.
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
- Communicate with Supervisor as needed.
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches work order.
- Perform inspection of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean.
- Maintain and service the vehicle as needed (refuel, tire pressure, lights, fluid levels, etc.).
- Notify supervisor of any major maintenance or vehicle issues.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to weather/road conditions.
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations.
- Always make safety a top priority.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required.
- 2+ years proven experience preferred.
- Clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Proficient using GPS and map reading for route planning.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team and independently.
Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to HR@gsichicago.com.
Glass Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.