General Manager (GM)
Engineering Department (Located in Weston, WI)
W.J. Higgins & Associates, Inc. is one of the first American consulting and production drafting firms to study and incorporate European rainscreen principles into our clients’ projects. Today, we are known for our expertise not only in the application of rainscreen technology, but also for our consulting, design, production drafting, field measuring, forensic and specialty services.
W.J. Higgins & Associates, Inc. is seeking a General Manager who will oversee and manage the planning, organizing and productivity of fenestration projects from conceptual stages through production cycles on the engineering and consulting sides of the business. Investigate current operation practices, customer needs/requirements, develop and implement changes that will improve operational productivity and customer service. Modify existing company protocols, improve production techniques and product delivery. Participate in yearly budget planning and business management responsibilities. Customers relations and participation in sales required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes, but not limited to:
- Manage and support Drafting/Engineering Manager supervise lead engineers, drafters and technicians who plan and develop civil projects.
- Provide additional oversight of engineering and consulting sides with emphasis on production and quality control.
- Make detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Approve expenditures.
- Draft proposals and reports for clients.
- Check technical accuracy of work.
- Establish quality control measures for all work performed.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Planning testing processes, performing validation of new designs.
- Trains and coaches’ employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance, rewards and disciplines employees as needed; addresses and resolves problems.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to determine best work processes, time, material, and labor requirements necessary to produce drawings per customer specifications.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, scheduling work, and preparing bids. Submits completed quote for contract review.
- Understands and can utilize AutoCAD, Revit, or Inventor for product delivery.
- Maintains regular contact and provides technical support with internal customer liaisons.
- Visits customer facilities to build relationships, broaden knowledge of product usage, and research additional services to offer customers.
- Manages technical aspects of account, including but not limited to electronic data, revision updates and continuous improvement program.
- Consults with clients, vendors, quality, production, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Reviews Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) and manages changes.
- Administers and follows up on contract review issues, quotations, and costing issues, including cost effectiveness and profitability.
- Communicates with Executive Management on daily production requirements for department, sequence of jobs, materials needed, and/or barriers or breakdowns in production process.
- The engineering team will be responsible for providing accurate times for processes used in the quoting and preconstruction process.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Business management experience.
- Experience in engineering and engineering management.
- Experience in process planning, manufacturing, exposure and experience with fenestration products, logistic concept planning, RFQ engineering, and project management.
- Awareness or experience in Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma, warehouse design/operations.
- Experience in utilizing MS Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
- Awareness of Warehouse Management Systems, and ERP systems.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to problem solve and provide recommendations and solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Microsoft Office experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to our design partner at Glass Solutions, Inc. at HR@gsichicago.com.