Manufacturing Operations Manager
Glass Solutions, Inc. is a regional commercial glazing contractor, primarily focusing on exterior facades, tenant improvements and specialty glazing on new, existing and renovated building projects. The GSI mission is to be an elite specialty contractor and trade partner in the construction industry. They emphasize client satisfaction and core company values. In 2019, Glass Solutions, Inc. reached an important milestone celebrating 20 years in business. Additionally, Glass Solutions, Inc. ranked #33 in US Glass Magazine’s 2021 Top 50 Contract Glaziers.
Glass Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Operations Manager who will be responsible for the Company’s fabrication strategy and implementation, in addition to the overall operation of the fabrication facility. This requires effective interaction with engineers, Project Management, Safety and field through communication and strategic planning, which is critical to the success and profitability of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes, but not limited to:
- Oversee the effective, successful, and profitable operation of the fabrication facility.
- Ensure efficient and timely fabrication according to contract documents, schedules and delivery of product and supplies to various jobsites.
- Continual and effective communication with project team.
- Lead Fabrication team in continual and effective improvement of productivity and quality.
- Prepare cost justification and return on investment studies for new machinery purchases.
- Prepare, submit, and manage the fabrication facility capital budget. Meet monthly with Controller to review actual to budget and adjust as needed.
- Help project management team implement and maintain project schedules through design-assist, engineering, detailing, procurement, fabrication and installation timelines to meet contractual requirements. Communicate and follow-up with project management and engineering on project milestones and goals for material procurement and fabrication documents to ensure on time fabrication and delivery. Assist project managers with specific logic for material procurement, packaging, site logistics and hoisting to efficiently manage fabrication labor and mitigate on-site labor costs.
- Share technical expertise with project team through the development of project façade design to meet budget and installation logic. Provide effective value engineering ideas to save fabrication and installation labor.
- Assist estimators and project managers to mitigate project costs through effective pricing and terms negotiation with key extrusion, finish, fastener and anchor suppliers.
- Manage team preparing fabrication bill of materials, CNC programming, 3D modeling, miscellaneous material takeoff including glass, flashings and other curtain wall infill materials.
- Ensure product fabrication details and instructions are properly turned over to fabrication teams with specific project quality assurance plan.
- Foster a culture of safety at the fabrication facility, through the mitigation of potential safety issues, continuous safety training, being a safety cheerleader and supporting the Company’s safety programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management or similar field required.
- A minimum of 15 years of fabrication experience with at least 10 years in a management role.
- A minimum of 5 years of lean manufacturing experience.
- Proficient in scheduling software such as MS Project.
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Acrobat, Blue Beam and BIM360.
- Analyze and comprehend procurement and fabrication schedules.
- Comprehend architectural and structural drawings for large commercial buildings.
- Familiar with all kinds of fabrication machinery.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to problem solve and provide recommendations and solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Microsoft Office experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to HR@gsichicago.com.
Glass Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.