Manufacturing Project Manager/3D Modeler
Glass Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Project Manager with 3D modeling capabilities and prior experience in the building façade and/or construction Industry. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of related industry experience. The Manufacturing Project Manager will execute, manage, oversee, and direct all facets of the manufacturing management and procurement processes of assigned projects. This position is also responsible for communicating directly with Exterior and Interior project management teams, as well as the engineering team, concerning the project scope, manufacturing costs, staffing, and scheduling by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but not limited to:
- Create and manage procurement, manufacturing, and logistics schedules.
- Work with Project Team to develop installation, build, and load sequences.
- Procure and review fabrication packages for accuracy and completeness and organize into material and fabrication releases.
- Resource loading of manufacturing plans into BIM360 and/or servers.
- Procure and manage all project material buyouts and coordinate activities of project personnel and vendors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Manage the day to day process of manufacturing activities and machinery use including shop manufacturing process flow.
- Create and manage Production Schedule in MS Project Professional for Saw, CNC, HAAS.
- Observe machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications.
- Utilize production reports to analyze performance of machinery, production levels, and project progress, budget and schedule compliance.
- Communicate project progress and production reporting to all internal stakeholders.
- Participate in sales and pre-construction endeavors by creating 3D computer models and physical samples of proposed systems and details.
- Utilize 3D platforms to create computer models and physical samples of new extrusion profiles, assemblies, and details.
- Create 3D model and scaled down level mockups for all non-typical details prior to approvals and adding into the shop manufacturing process.
- Develop process improvements by maintaining or improving workflow by monitoring the process.
- Contribute to and advance the company’s LEAN initiatives.
- Research and evaluation of new equipment and techniques.
- Backup the CNC Programmer.
- Create and/or check material cut lists using the RazorGage Autolist system.
- Create material take-offs as necessary – metal, glass, accessories, brake metal, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum 3 years related industry experience, building façade experience preferred.
- Experience using Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, SolidWorks, and/or any other BIM platform software.
- Full understanding/ability to read architectural drawings and spatial recognition ability.
- Machinery experience Emmegi, Haas or other multi axis CNC’s a plus.
- Autodesk Fusion, BIM360 and Emmegi CAM+, JOB, SHAPE, and 123 Design highly preferred.
- OSHA 30 certification preferred.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to problem solve and provide recommendations and solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Microsoft Office 365, Teams and Zoom experience.
Glass Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.