Project Manager (PM)
Glass Solutions, Inc. is a regional commercial glazing contractor, primarily focusing on exterior facades, tenant improvements and specialty glazing on new, existing and renovated building projects. The GSI mission is to be an elite specialty contractor and trade partner in the construction industry. They emphasize client satisfaction and core company values. In 2019, Glass Solutions, Inc. reached an important milestone celebrating 20 years in business. Additionally, Glass Solutions, Inc. ranked #33 in US Glass Magazine’s 2021 Top 50 Contract Glaziers.
Glass Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager with prior experience in the building façade Industry. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-10 years of related industry experience. The Project Manager will execute, manage, oversee and direct all facets of construction management and procurement processes of assigned projects. This position is also responsible for communicating directly with company management and contractors/designers concerning the project scope, costs, staffing and scheduling by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes, but not limited to:
- Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract documents.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish project goals and objectives.
- Leads and directs the work of others assigned to and/or involved in the project.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Participate in weekly Manufacturing meetings.
- Procures and manages all project buyouts and directs and coordinates activities of project personnel and vendors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Ensure Subcontracts in place with PO’s for any vendors on job sites.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Responsible for P&L management.
- Verifies Insurance compliance.
- Labor Tracking – Manage with Project Engineer, Foreman and Field Superintendent on a weekly basis.
- Prepares project reports for management, client or others.
- Visits job sites to measure current projects prior to ordering materials.
- Confers with Senior Project Manager to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Management and mentoring of a GSI intern.
- Manage and maintain project schedule on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Executes all responsibilities in accordance with the company’s SOPs, policies, expectations and applicable laws.
- Assist in promoting and maintaining company safety policies, culture, and work environment.
- Assist Project Accountant with preparing all documents required for contract billings that are required by General Contractor.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5-10 years related industry experience.
- Unitized curtainwall industry experience preferred.
- Full spatial recognition.
- Bluebeam and Autodesk AutoCAD, BIM 360 and REVIT familiarity and experience a plus.
- OSHA 30 certification a plus.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to problem solve and provide recommendations and solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Microsoft Office 365, Teams and Zoom familiarity and experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to HR@gsichicago.com.
Glass Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.